We're proud to announce that we are a 7-time NorthCoast 99 Award recipient, an awards program that honors 99 great Northeast Ohio workplaces for top talent! 🙌
Selected for the seventh time as a NorthCoast 99 Award recipient, we're guided by winning HR initiatives that keep our associates at the center of our successful blueprint.
Developed in 1999 by ERC, the NorthCoast 99 program collects information and surveys on HR activities and celebrates standout companies with an annual awards event.
“Growth and innovation happen when you not only attract but also retain the right people who provide a competitive edge,” said Jamie Marks, Human Resources Manager. “Our commitment is to matching company needs with associate expectations and continually improving that experience. We believe everyone should look forward to going to work and being a part of a positive culture that has incredible benefits.”
Seven Best Practices
In recognizing our seventh win of the NorthCoast 99 Award, we point to seven HR policies and principles that help our associates know, love, and feel supported in their roles:
- For over 35 years, the Fire-Dex Family philosophy has served as the bedrock of our company culture and client strategy. At Fire-Dex, caring for first responders starts with enthusiastic and talented individuals who train, teach, and encourage each other to strive toward mutual goals. This includes open communication starting with monthly town hall meetings.
- Diversification in the workforce continues to add new perspectives that help us better understand and respond to different nuances within a growing marketplace.
- Consistent scheduling for hourly positions, core meeting hours and “no meeting” days help associates prioritize work focus time, time away, and health and sleep needs with less work stress.
- Work from home options for most office positions give our associates more leeway, flexibility, and creativity to be proactive in accomplishing their tasks.
- Paid parental leave and adoption and foster child placement leave allow families to build strong ties while balancing their work lives.
- Dedicated training instills common values in our associates and shows a commitment to providing them with the resources they need to succeed.
- Weekly performance and production incentives and overtime opportunities provide associates access to additional compensation or greater schedule flexibility.